Sunday, January 27, 2008

Jan 27 2008 the Horse Quilt is Finished



I did it! I pieced this quilt and even machine quilted it on my sewing machine. It's the biggest one I've machine quilted. It fits my twin log bed rather nicely.


It all started with a remnant from Hobby Lobby of the horse fabric. Then I found the horse head pattern at Silver Linings. I have used Linda's paper pieced patterns many times, including the dogs black Labrador and Pomeranian.


After I finished the quilt, I made the dust ruffle. I still have fabric left,
so I will whip up some curtains soon.


When I finished my sewing, I headed outside to 52 degree weather. I started up the 4 wheeler and took a ride down the rode. Then I

trimmed the Forsythia bush and hauled away some cedar limbs from the ice storm.

Bentley enjoyed running with the 4 wheeler, then we BBQ hamburgers and enjoyed the almost spring like weather. I made a quick salad to go with the burgers and a pitcher of ice tea for BT. He had been working in the blacksmith shop most of the day.

We ate dinner and then we crashed!

7:28 PM 53 degrees.

1 comment:

Diana LaMarre said...

Patti,
Happy belated birthday! How nice that two people sent you flowers.

Your horse quilt turned out great. Did you quilt it on a regular sewing machine? I have never been able to quilt a big one by machine. It does take a lot of skill to do it properly.

Those bird blocks are from a book called, 356 Foundation Quilt Blocks, by Linda Causee. There are about 6 or 7 birds in that book.