Saturday, September 12, 2009

Busy week!




We've had company! It was this couple ------->





It's one of my anonymous readers. Actually he is BT's cousin. Jim and Nancy from Iowa. They stayed with us 3 nights. In the day time they were visiting Jim's brother Tom, who is ill.





While they were visiting with us, we pulled out old pictures. Since I didn't have an opportunity to take a current photo, I decided to use these. I even found a picture of their wedding cake. It really impressed me on their wedding day in 1976 and it still impresses me 33 years later.














The tour of Missouri bike race came through here again this year.



Last year we had visiting cousins with the same last name as Jim and Nancy and they watched it with us. This time I was stopped just a mile from home. However BT went the back way and made it to our drive way to watch it with this year cousins!





This tire change happened right in front of me. I was amazed that I got the picture, since they changed this tire in like 10 seconds and because of the cars whizzing by.











Fried green tomatoes? That has nothing on Nancy, this was our breakfast Friday morning. After the bacon and eggs were fried, she dropped sliced of red tomatoes and flash fried them. Try it you'll like it.





Sadly they had to leave for home on Friday. We are praying for Tom and his family in this difficult time.

1 comment:

Becky said...

You changed your banner. Love it! Done any antiquing lately, or are you too busy?