Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Successful surgery. Praise the Lord.

Surgery went well on Wednesday 2/6/2019.  We were home about 2 in the afternoon.

Every time a new nurse or technician came into the room, I’d have to verify my birth date, so by the time surgery was over, everyone knew it was my birthday .  Nurse Lorie even gave me a birthday scrub hat to wear during surgery.



This time next year I plan to have a double celebration, birthday and cancer free. That’s my plan anyway. You hear me God?

I've been laying low.. My hubby has spoiled me beyond means!  I have received so many cards, gifts, cookies, meals, comments, encouragements and prayers. Thank you all! Everyone means so much. Life is precious as is good health.

The surgeon called us Friday and was happy with the surgery. She said she got all the cancer. Luckily she only had to take one lymph node and it was cancer free.

When the incisions heal I will take four weeks of radiation.

Since this is a quilting blog, let’s get back to that.  Here’s a few things I’ve completed in the last few months.


This is another top for my friend Margaret. She loves to embroidery. These blocks are of cute little log cabins, so I just had to set it together with traditional log cabin pieced blocks.





I started these paper piece blocks years ago. My January resolution was to finish them. #score. The patterns are of sunbonnet Sue and overall Sam, rolling through the 12 months. I combined them with
a pieced blocks. Someday I will hand quilt it. It’s twin bed size.







This was a quilt I made for my great nephew, Bowman. I pieced it, another great aunt, Janie hand quilted it.


My friend Judy found most of this fabric at tag sales. She asked if I could do Elvis justice? She had traced the kneeling Elvis, he was about 6 inches tall. I took him to Staples and they enlarged him to about 36 inches. He is machine appliqued to music fabric I found at Hobby Lobby.  Hopefully the church ladies will start quilting him next week. He will be auctioned at the church picnic in August.

Until next time . .. . .

Patti

4 comments:

Down On The Farm said...

I've been thinking about you my friend!! SO THANKFUL THAT THE SURGERY WAS SUCCESSFUL!! Yes, next year a DOUBLE CELEBRATION :)!!!! Please let Bernie keep spoiling you, and you just rest and recover!! You've got lots more quilts to make!! Sending you a HUGE HUG!!!! Praising the Lord for His goodness!!!

JerryC said...

That's awesome news. Praise the Lord. Now, as you said, on to quilting.😀

Marge said...

God is good. All the time! So glad for the successful surgery. Now rest and heal! And make a quilt or seven!

Terry said...

That's wonderful news! :0)