Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Valentine Day 2019. . . The best ever

It has been a long standing tradition that for Valentine's day I get a surprise of a heart shaped box of candy, found on the kitchen cabinet when I get up. As for my gift to him, it's a bag of maple nut goodies and burnt sugar peanuts. I can't remember the time these weren't our gifts to each other.

Until this year . . . . 



This hand forged, very detailed rose was on on top of my candy. I screamed, then I cried. He spoke no words, but hugged me for an eternity. 




The details are point on! It even shows the 5 precise sepals



Pictures do not do it justice!



Cancer sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Today February 19th, I had a follow up visit with the surgeon. She was very pleased not only at my incisions but at my numbers. 

There's one more test result that won't be in until next week when we meet with the cancer doctor. That's a gene test on the cancer itself. That will be the last chemo hurdle to get over. Prayers are appreciated. 




Jeremiah 29:11  For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

4 comments:

Shirley Harrison said...

Love this!!

Val said...

Beautiful.

Down On The Farm said...

What a wonderful gift. Your hubby is a keeper for sure!! I'm praying for you dear friend!! Praying and expecting a good report!!!!

Linda K said...

I picture clearly great results to come next week! You are one of the strongest, loving and kindest women I am blessed to know! I have asked God to wrap a hedge of Angels around you to protect you and keep you safe! I’ve asked my sweet Ruthie to lead the pack! ๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ™