Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Time got away from me


The first weekend in December we took off for Festus and Ste. Genevieve, Missouri. Friday we did a mini tour in the old town of Ste. Genevieve.



Our first stop was Asl Pewter Foundry on 3rd street. Here Bernie is checking a out a drop hammer. 



Next door was our friend Stanley Winkler's blacksmith shop. However, it was closed. We left a card for him in his mail slot on the door.


A beautiful old home across the street. 


After we checked into our hotel room in Festus, we met up with blacksmith John and his wife Eileen. We thought we ordered small drinks?!?!


Matt keeps a spotless shop. It's an automative repair shop/teaching school.




The meeting on Saturday was well attended. Lunch was KFC and it was delicious.

We got home Sunday and I came down with the worse head cold. It lasted for over 2 weeks. Thanks to the blacksmith hubby for giving it to me. 




Here is a new lebkuchen recipe I tried. They are delicious!!



This is Brenda Gantt's orange slice cake. Most of you probably have watached her videos on Facebook. 


The cake is very sweet!!!


Here is my nighttime project, while I watch TV. A little embroidery. 


These were the last of the turnips from our garden. After we pulled these, the garden was plowed.


Now we have turnip kraut fermenting in the basement!




I finally got my tree up. This Gingerbread man tried to run away, if you can believe that. He not only broke his leg but crashed Noah's ark. Bad boy!


We canned our first Venison last week. Gosh is it good!



I made gumdrop candy. When I was a kid, this was one of my favorite Brach's candies 







Here's the recipe.  You're welcomed.

Sorry for the sweet overload but you know it's Christmas time!

Life is good.

No comments: