Saturday, November 13, 2021

Friends day

Friends, isn't that what matters in life?

My BFF Diane, asked me to go to some Christmas open houses. After all it's doe weekend in mid-Missouri. Yep, that's right, the opening of deer hunting season. It's like a religious holiday around here. 

So Diane, myself, and my grand daughter Lizzie went to town. 



Our first stop was at Southern Willow Interiors, in New Bloomfield, Missouri. Take note of the hanging flower arrangement. The guys told us it was a 10 foot wheel from a plant in Jefferson City. There were two at the front driveway entrance all decorated too. I was in awe and forgot to take a picture. 


Two best friends, and their husbands, dissembled a barn and used the materials to build this beautiful shop. The husbands were just as proud of it was their wives, telling us all about the building materials. 



Our next stop was at our "friend" Marla's shop, Cotter Pin.  She had antiques mixed in with new decorating items. Then there's a whole room with new Fiesta ware. I saw this Fiesta ware cookie jar. It is beautiful.   It matched my daughters dishes, but she said she didn't need it.


Next stop was my friend, the other Diane, at her new  shop, Brimstone Gallery & Antiques. It was just opened this week and she said the crowds were great. She might have been just a little overwhelmed!



We crossed the street for lunch at JQ's on High Street. Lizzie had the Spudmageddon!!!  It was the biggest potato we have even seen. A GIANT baked Idaho potato with creamy butter and piled high with JQ's tender pulled pork, Head Country Original BBQ Sauce, bacon, shredded cheese, diced onions and sour cream.

Believe it or not, she could not eat the whole thing!!


With full tummies we went to Dogwood Vintiques. There I saw a frog, that I just had to take a picture of. Of course it stayed there.
 

I forgot to tell you about stopping at my friend, Lizzie's J Street Vintage shop. I had purchased this bolt of vintage fabric at her on-line auction. I paid $10 for the bolt. See the original price tag of .39 CENTS a yard? It's so vintage it's only 36 inches wide. Most fabric now is 45 inches wide. I estimate there's about 8 yards still on the bolt. 


 

Did I mention dessert?  Of course BFF's have to have dessert. Mary Kremer was selling her beautiful cupcakes and cookies at Cotter Pin. This was my to die for pecan cupcake!!! The best $2.50 ever spent.



As an ending to my day, I went to deer camp, where the guys cooked smoked crappie and trout. The women furnished river potatoes (A family tradition), a lettuce salad and brownie. 

Life is good.

God is good.
 


1 comment:

Janna and Mike said...

Life is indeed good! What a great day you had with your friends and granddaughter. I called my sister yesterday afternoon and she spoke so quietly when answering the phone--she was in a deer stand keeping her husband company (she is a saint) and was going to the deer camp for supper.