Friday, May 13, 2022

Great finds in my favorite antique place

It's been a hot, hot week in Mid-Missouri. Unseasonably high temperatures. So, what else is there to do but check out my favorite air-conditioned shop.    

J Street Vintage, which happens to be on Jefferson Street, in Jefferson City, thus the name, is a consignment shop. I needed to stop by and pick up my auction item I won, so I decided to stroll through the shop. You can find J Street Vintage on Facebook and Instagram.
  


I found this cute little windmill, that actually does spin. It's only 3 1/4 inches tall. For $4 I couldn't resist it. 




This is my auction item, a Davis basket. Not sure you can read the pencil writing on the handle, but the original price was $3.98. 

I won it on the auction for $30. It is 14 inches deep, to the top of the handle, and it is 14 inches across. 

Mr. Davis started making basket in the 1940's. He was born in Nebraska, but came to Harrisonville, Missouri sometimes before he graduated high school in 1944. His shop was along Highway 54 near Camdenton Missouri. I passed it countless times and never stopped in. My bad!

I found this article about him, Davis Baskets

I am now the proud owner of 2 of his baskets. Let the hunt continue . . . . 

 
 


As for today, it has cooled somewhat, storms are predicted later today. We are sitting one of our grand dogs. This is Rosie. Her family went to the National archery shoot in Louisville, Kentucky. Later today they will travel to West Plains for district track.  

Life is good.

God is good.

No comments: